Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Decor {Rustic or Refined?}

Now that Labor Day is behind us, I've started thinking about decorating for fall-- plus the onslaught of awesome catalogs in my mailbox has got me longing for cooler temps!  I started digging through my magazines, catalogs, and the internet to find some fresh inspiration.  But I'm conflicted on whether I want to go more rustic, more refined, or something in between.  Here's a few images that have got me thinking...
Antique Mercury Glass Pumpkin
potterybarn.com


House Beautiful


Acorn Ornament Tree Centerpiece

bhg.com

Silver pumpkins on crystal vases

bhg.com

Orchard Fruits

bhg.com

Autumn Curb Appeal

bhg.com


marthastewart.com

Cornucopia Door Arrangement
marthastewart.com

Autumn Planters

marthastewart.com

So what about you?  Will your fall decorating be rustic or refined?
Happy Decorating!









3 comments:

  1. I love those painted acorns on the tree branches! Wow! Probably my decorating for Fall will be rustic since I like to use lots of natural materials for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rustic and Refined is the best combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love those mercury glass pumpkins. i am trying to resist temptation, but seeing them again is making that very hard. must. stay. strong. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...