Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Vignette

So you know that I am not the kind of girl that decorates for every holiday, right?  I am a seasonal decor gal-- much simpler that way!  All over the blogosphere, uber-talented home bloggers have been posting Valentine's Day crafts and decor...I admit:  I've enjoyed looking.  But I will do no more than my perfunctory nod to the day, so I thought I'd share some tips on keeping it simple for yourselves.




Add a few touches of pink or red... and I do mean a few, especially if these are not the colors in your home.  I'm thinking pillar candles or even simply a glass bowl full of Red Hots.  See what I mean?  Here I have a berry colored votive candle nestled in white Northern beans in a square glass vase. 



Flowers-- the easiest way to infuse romance.  *Confession: I'm a Walmart $5 bouquet junkie.  Recognize this Hawthorne Hurricane from my giveaway last month?  Bring out your simple glass vases and hit Walmart or your supermarket for inexpensive flowers. Instant ambience for any room in your home.


Write a love note-- it's FREE!  If you have a family message center or bulletin board, pen a sweet note to your crew (Love Bugs, All You Need is Love, Be Sweet... you get the idea!) or print out one from your computer in a fun font.  This little beauty here is courtesy of Barnowl Primitives over on Jen's cool and crafty blog TaterTots and Jello.  Go browse her projects and giveaways and download your Valentine subway art now!  I simply matted it on some decorative paper I already had, added the "XO" in the corner and popped it into a black frame. 




This vignette?  Less than $10.  I do like it... and that's about as far as I'll go with Valentine's decorating. :)  See how simple?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...