Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Get the Message

The magnificent chalkboard refrigerator doors I posted on Monday got my wheels turning. Our kitchens are the hubs of our home and it only makes sense to have a spot to post messages, grocery lists, reminders, or sweet sentiments for our family. With today's chalkboard paints, it's easier than ever to create our personal message center.

I found this beauty over at AZCreativeStudio's Etsy shop... love the vintage look! Have a scratched tray you could use to create your own??



And what about this clever modular idea from Pottery Barn? I would imagine this one would be easy to recreate (and customize) with MDF from your home improvement center.



I created an Ideabook over at Houzz with several more images of kitchen chalkboards to get your creative juices flowing. Check it out, leave a comment there, or come back here and tell me what you think!

Do you have a chalkboard message center in your kitchen?




3 comments:

  1. I am so loving chalkboards in decor right now. I just went to the NY Gift Fair and fell in love with a fantastic one for my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. But I need one! I have a place in my pantry where all the notes, message, etc. go.

    Great post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these practical, pretty ideas! Hopefully I can implement a few of them. Good post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...