Friday, February 25, 2011

Have a Seat...Small Scale Armchairs

Continuing my thought process for my home office, one of my goals is to procure a smaller scale chair for the space. I posted this little cutie on Wednesday:


Though I love her, obviously if I keep my purple walls, this will be too much purple in the space. I do love her scale and her shape. I even ventured out to my local Cost Plus World Market (such a fun place!) and sat on her. You see, my new seat will not only need to look cute, but she'll need to be comfortable, too. In this case, I really only need to please myself since I am the only one who sits in my office to read, work, watch girlie tv... you get the picture.

So I went on an online hunt for a stylish seat and found several possibilities that won't break the bank.

This darling little Emma Tufted chair from Home Decorators Collection

and her sister Katie also from Home Decorators Collection.

Then I hit Overstock.com and found this lovely armless perch...

and this charcoal gray tapered chair...

and this beautiful Manchester club chair...

and this pretty little slipper chair.

You can see there's lots to choose from out there! I also jumped onto Houzz and put together an ideabook of small scale seating options. I love how many pictures I found and the wonderful flexibility that a smaller chair can give you-- including dining seating. Click HERE to view my ideabook, then come back and let me know what you think of my options here.

I love your feedback, so don't be shy!

Next week: I'll announce exciting giveways during March, celebrating one year of blogging and four years with my Willow House (formerly Southern Living at HOME) business! Make sure you're a follower so you won't miss anything!

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...