Monday, January 24, 2011

Flea Market Finds... and Other Fun Stuff :)

Last Friday I stepped into the Classy Flea here in Marietta for the first time in a couple of years.  I have never walked out of there empty-handed in the past and Friday was no exception.  Lots of pieces with potential and personality to be found... unfortunately, I walked in without my camera or iPhone (can you believe it?), so I'll just show you what I ended up bringing home.  Hey... it's better than nothing!  I was on a mission for a small piece or two to complete my family room bookcase do-over and I hit the jackpot at the Classy Flea!


The first piece I found is this blue ceramic liquor decanter!  I loved the size of it, the shape, and the bright pop of color.  $4.99, ladies.



Then I found this precious silver plate planter.  Perfect size for my English Ivy plant.  You'll see her again in my post about decorating with your silver pieces later this week. :)  Originally $9.99, marked down to $7.99.
I was feeling like a real bargain-hunter and having fun doing it!

In other exciting news, my pillows arrived from One Kings Lane over the weekend!  They are perfect on my chocolate brown sofa... more details about the other pillows coming soon.  But these Liora Manne pillows are my new loves. :)





Aren't they yummy??


And finally, I wanted to share a really fabulous giveaway over at Tatertots and Jello.  Jen has hooked up with Barn Owl Primitives (check out their Etsy shop!) and two lucky readers will win $50 gift certificates to their Etsy shop!  Fun, fun, fun... visit Jen's blog for details to enter (and while you're there, poke around for some really clever ideas!).  I'm totally in for this one. :)
Check out the entire sofa re-do tomorrow!


Happy Decorating!

3 comments:

  1. I love flea markets! I haven't been to any in my new city yet but this makes me want to go, I feel like there are always such great finds!!


    xo Jessica Rae
    {lovely ugly design}
    http://lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flea markets! There are always good finds there, I love these! By the way, I'm with you on the nuetrals!! Great pillows.


    xo Jessica Rae
    {lovely ugly design}
    http://lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi. Thank you so much for adding my MIL Nadine to your prayers. It really is wonderful to have Christian friends here in blogland with hearts like yours. I'm always happy to see you stop in for a visit.

    I'll also be sure to let you know when the vase arrives and I post it.

    I love the pillows for your couch. They're perfect. And I really like the ivy planter too!

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...