Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas from Heidiopia!

I thought I'd share my mother's French Toast Casserole recipe with you today.  Mine is already chilling in the fridge for tomorrow's Christmas Day Brunch!  This is super simple and delicious...a real crowd-pleaser.

French Toast Casserole

2 tbsp corn syrup
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
10-12 slices of bread
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine first 3 ingredients in small saucepan and simmer over low heat until syrupy (about 10-12 minutes).  Stir frequently while bubbling.  Pour into bottom of a 9x13 Pyrex dish.  Place bread on top (usually 2 layers).  Beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour over bread.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Uncover and bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Slice into squares and serve.

Serves 8.

And, here are some of my holiday touches around Heidiopia...

My favorite new ornament this year!

Wishing you peace and prosperity this holiday season...we're on vacation next week, so I will see you back here in the New Year with more fresh ideas and some exciting giveaways in store.

Be blessed!
~Heidiopia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...