Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cupcakes and Cocktails {the Scoop}

Whew!  Glad to be back, but it's been a crazy re-entry from our sweet getaway to the beach!  I left you with some eye candy from my annual Cupcakes and Cocktails party, so now here's the scoop!  :)

I pull out any extra inventory and samples I have and put a price tag on everything-- $5, $10, or $15.  Yes, you read right!  Some products originally retailed for over $80, but my goal is to clear out my basement and recoup a little investment along the way (a little investment).  My customers and hostesses all get invitations and by now they know that it's first come, first served. :)



When I set up the refreshments, I keep it super simple and use lots of Willow House goodies to decorate and display food!  Remember the Hawthorne Hurricane I gave away in January?  Here she is filled with split peas.  I tucked a juice glass about 3/4 way down into the peas to house my tulips.  I know some like their tulips perky (drop a copper penny into the water to perk them up), but I love the graceful droop myself.


My Adair Upside Down Cake Stand held fresh veggies and hummus. {$49.96}


Strawberries in my Ruffled Glass Bowl. {$29.96}



My faithful Entertaining Bucket and Tray for chilled wine and champagne. {$39.96}




My Galveston Step-Out Stand displayed homemade cupcakes...love this product because the steps fold in making it a simple three-tiered stand if you want!


Homemade goodies.


Low-cal lemonade in my Savannah Beverage Server for my non-cocktail drinkers.





I set up a very simple display of my favorite current products and usually offer a shipping discount or other perk for any new catalog orders.  Check out the Must Have mini-Plant Markers in my Signature FlowerPot!  Six markers for $19.96-- wouldn't these make great little teacher gifts?  Pop them into a small potted flower or herb and you've got a sweet little gift for a sweet little price. 

I had a good turn-out, sold some products, took some orders and got caught up with some hostess and customer friends... can you think of a nicer Sunday afternoon?

All products shown here can be purchased on my website e-store and shipped directly to you.  Happy shopping and Happy Decorating, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty Heidi! The flower arrangement is so elegant and simple. And so smart of you. The food looks yummy. I know you and your friends must have enjoyed it.

    Have a great weekend...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the kind of party i want to attend! beautiful - lovely - & YUM cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...