Friday, April 16, 2010

Tip of the Week: Go Fresh!

Nothing seems to perk up a home like fresh flowers, but I've found they're often too expensive to enjoy on a regular basis.  Except for springtime! You can find wonderful bouquets and bunches of fresh flowers at WalMart or your local grocery store right now-- and they won't break the bank either.  Today I discovered bunches of fresh tulips at WalMart for $5 a piece.  Fifteen dollars later, they are brightening up my kitchen island, the side table in my living room, and my bathroom counter.  To keep them from drooping, put a penny in the water and ditch the flower food.  The copper helps balance out the water and keeps your tulips at attention!

Tulips not your cup of tea?  I discovered large mixed bouquets of daisies, gerbera daisies, carnations, a handful of roses and nice greenery for under $15.  Simply split them up into smaller bouquets and set around your home.  Remember that a simple beverage glass can make a beautiful vase.  Or you can line a favorite basket with plastic, add a soaked oasis in a shallow bowl and arrange your blooms.  This is a beauty for a fireplace hearth or kitchen table.

Now go enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...