Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Decorating Tip: All Wrapped Up

As promised, here are the instructions for making a fabulous moss-covered box.  Super easy, and the natural elements look equally at home on your covered front porch or in your foyer on a table.


Start with any size box, taped shut (I used a 12x16x5 box), a can of spray adhesive and a bag of moss.  The moss comes in a variety of colors, but I prefer your plain jane green moss because of its texture and all the various shades of green. Be sure to put plastic or newspaper under your workspace.


 
Spray the adhesive on the box, a small section at a time and press pieces of moss onto the sticky surface.  You will have to press firmly and spread out the moss a bit.



Cover one side at a time, filling in gaps as you go.



Go all the way to each edge, making sure enough moss hangs over the edge to cover the corners.  Work your way around all sides of the box.  You may need to fill a gap or two, or readhere a piece here and there as you work.


Choose a wide ribbon.  Smooth or metallic works best, but I couldn't resist this red and green woven ribbon.  If you choose a woven ribbon, be very careful as you put it around the box;  the moss will stick to it.



Wrap it just as you would a package!

Now to decide where to put it...



 Next to my reindeer...


Or next to my Junk Yard Dog...
I think I'll make a few more and group them together.  :)

And that's a wrap!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your thoughts...